Thank you for registering for the Mack Cycle TriKB Triathlon on Key Biscayne. You will find Crandon Park to be an absolutely beautiful venue for our event! There are a few things I’d like to share with you in advance of the event:
- Photo ID & QR Code - We have added some scanning features to expedite packet pickup. First, your photo ID is ALWAYS required to pick up you packet. We also now have QR codes to look up your registration. you can find your QR code by clicking the QR code button next to your name on the participant list at https://triregistration.com/List.php?eventid=3512. Please have that code pulled up on your phone ready to scan when you get to the front of the line.* Note that Wednesday-Friday pickup may not have this feature, but it will be in effect on Saturday and on race morning especially!
- Construction & Bike Course U-Turn - Below is an image of the bike course U-turn that you will encounter at the bottom of the BIG bridge. Normally we have a 1/3 mile run off at the bottom of the bridge before the U-turn, but due to construction in that area we will be U-turning at the bottom of the bridge before the construction area. SO BE CAREFUL, MANAGE YOUR SPEED GOING DOWNHILL, AND DO NOT PASS RIGHT BEFORE THE U-TURN! Losing a few seconds isn't going to change your placement, but crashing will! BE SAFE!!!
- Bike Course Lanes & Safety - Below is an image of the bike course lanes. It is important to know how the course works so you aren't confused when you get on the course. When you leave the park you will use the bike lane on your way out to the turnaround. If you need to pass, do so on the left, then return to the bike lane on the right. Always right on the right side of the road or you will get a blocking or position penalty by the USAT official. On your way back you will also stay on the right, but you will be next to a line of cones that cone off a half lane for recreational cyclists that are not participating in the race. Stay to the right at all times, except when passing, then return to the right. There are no cars on the course, though a few may cross the course at intersections manned by police. Always be vigilant as many things can happen (a car can cross the course, there could be a bad patch of pavement, another rider may pass you unexpectedly or drift towards you when you are trying to pass, or a recreational rider may not use their dedicated lane - don't follow them - know the course!). We have a mix of riders from first timers to very fast riders, so please be respectful of the other riders on the course. Let's STAY SAFE out there!
- Packet Pickup is Wednesday - Friday from 12pm to 6pm at Mack Cycle in Miami and on Saturday from 10am to 4pm. More info below.
- You MUST pay for parking or you will get a ticket. Go to paybyphone.com and enter location 46252 upon arrival to pay for parking.
- International Distance Cutoffs - In order to complete the International distance you need to be able to complete the swim and half of the bike by 8:15 a.m. You'll need to be able to swim 1000 meters in 30 minutes or less and average 15mph+ on the bike, including the bridge. If you aren’t sure if you can do this, please switch to the sprint distance as we have hard cutoffs to open the roadway back up. You must also complete the first lap of the run by 9:30 a.m.
- USAT has NEW RULES in regards to drafting distance and penalty enforcement. Click here for more information.
Parking Entrance - The traffic counter flow to remove cars from our side of the Causeway will start at the Crandon north entrance, THUS you will need to enter the park at the 2nd Crandon entrance (blue line). Here’s a link to the directions: https://goo.gl/maps/Ya8ms263kr7vTKnaA You will turn left as soon as you enter the park to go to lot #2 on the north side of the park (see map).
Right click on image and open in new tab to zoom in.
We will have an “EVENT PARKING” sign where you turn in and inside the park directing you left to the correct parking lot.
THANK YOU Mack Cycle! Please give a thank you to Mary Jane, Chris, and their team at Mack Cycle for their support of this event. Without their support, this event would not be possible.
No Dogs - Sorry, Crandon Park does not allow dogs, so please leave Fido at home.